Basic: Active full-time employees, their spouses, and dependents are eligible for the Group Basic Life Insurance.
Basic Life Benefits Summary
Each employee has:
- $100,000 of coverage for employee
- $50,000 for spouse
- $10,000 for each dependent child
- $750 for stillborn children
Group Life Insurance includes funeral planning assistance services
Supplemental Life Insurance: Supplemental Life Insurance can be purchased by regular employees working a minimum of 20 hours per week to provide a death benefit to beneficiaries in addition to NUC’s Group Basic Life Insurance.
New hires must elect and sign the enrollment form within 31 day so hire. New hires can elect up to $250,000 without completing an EOI (Evidence of Insurability) form; If election is over $250,000 the EOI form will need to be completed and sent to ReliaStar/Voya.
Supplemental Life Benefits Summary
- If eligible, you may purchase coverage from $10,000 up to $750,000 in increments of $10,000 as approved by Voya.
- Employee: Coverage not to exceed the lesser of 7X annual earnings or $750,000.
- Spouse: Eligible for amounts from $10,000 to $250,000 (not to exceed 100 percent of employee election).
- Dependents: Eligible for amounts from $1,000 to $25,000 (not to exceed 100 percent of employee election).
LTD – Long Term Disability –(Managed by Voya)
Long-Term Disability Insurance will replace an employee’s income if they become disabled because of sickness or injury and cannot work. All regular full-time employees of the North American Division, as defined by individual employers, are covered under the Long-term Disability plan. In the event you become disabled and remain so throughout the 90-day elimination period, Long-term Disability will replace your lost income up to 66.67 percent to a maximum of $6,000 per month.
Employees enrolled in Group Basic Life are also enrolled in Long-Term Disability Insurance.
Additional supplemental coverage can be purchased through AFLAC such as:
- Cancer Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Hospital Protection
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
With AFLAC supplemental insurance, you can provide an additional level of financial protection for yourself and your family in the event of a serious accident or illness. Except for disability coverage, all coverage can be purchased pre-tax for an additional tax savings.
Active full-time denominational employees are eligible to enroll. Please call AFLAC directly at (301)513-0381 to enroll.