New Hire Process Overview
The documents listed below need to be submitted to HR prior to
approval by the NUC Personnel Committee.
- NUC Employment Application
- Background Clearance – All NUC employees are required to complete the Sterling Volunteers training session and background check before starting work.
- Fingerprint Clearance – Nevada Employees Only
- Board Minutes – Voted action for the approval of the new hire’s position, pay rate, and number of work hours per week.
- Personnel Action Request Form (PAR)
- Job Description – Job description guidelines & templates are available upon request.
The forms listed below need to be collected from the new hire
as close as possible to start date and then promptly submitted to HR.
- I-9 Form – List of acceptable documents
- Statement of Confidentiality
- Conflict of Interest Declaration
- Conflict of Interest Declaration – Education Employees Only
- Nevada Workplace Safety Acknowledgement – Nevada Employees Only
- Retirement Participation Notice – Eligible Employees Only
- Direct Deposit Form
- Tithe Declaration
- W4 Form
During the first week the new hire should learn how to access and use
the following resources and websites.
Please be aware that if this step is initiated before receiving a confirmation email with the effective date of employment from HR, that you could be subject to a $1000 fine for unauthorized employment.
Please use the Personnel Action Request (PAR) Form to submit the
following changes to HR as soon as possible.
Employee Mailing Address
– Board minutes stating the voted approval action for the termination
– Resignation letter (if applicable)
Please note there are legal requirements for when an employees is issued their final paycheck. Please notify the HR department of a termination immediately or else you could be subjected to a fine of $120.00 per day.